In a world where people fight for prominence, your strongest weapon is insight. Insightful people don’t struggle for prominence because they make the difference needed in any situation, which turns them into people that cannot be ignored.
Jesus lived a prominent life because His ministry and life was characterized by deep insight. He has solution to every problem He confronted and the people were never disappointed anytime they come to Him.
The world is looking for men and women of insight. Numerous problems exist in the world waiting for solutions.
I like you to understand that, the difference between the rich and poor is insight. The difference between the successful and failure is insight. You are not poor because you live in the wrong country or born into the wrong family. You are poor because you lack insight.
Governments or institutions that will succeed must have a man of keen insight at its helm of affairs. Leaders who lack insight are like blind guides and they can wreck a nation or institution. But a man or woman of insight can turn any system around for good within a short period of time. Insightful people are history makers.
What is insight
According to Merriam’s Webster Dictionary, insight is the power or act of seeing into a situation i.e. penetration or the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively.
And also, according to Cambridge dictionary, it is the ability to have a clear, deep, and sometimes sudden understanding of a complicated problem or situation:
In summary, insight is the ability to see into a problem and bring out solution or the ability to bring out success in every situation no matter how terrible it is.
What power does insight have?
The power of insight does one major thing and it is to bring you into prominence. Joseph was not just a dreamer, he was a man of deep insight. He did not just interpret Pharaoh’s dream and left him hanging. He told him how to prevent the famine and that was what brought him to the throne.
(33) Now therefore let Pharaoh look out a man discreet and wise, and set him over the land of Egypt. (34) Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years. (35) And let them gather all the food of those good years that come, and lay up corn under the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities. (36) And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perishes not through the famine. (37) And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants. (38) And Pharaoh said unto his servants, can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? (39) And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: (40) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. Gen 41:33-40 KJV
Your skill may bring you before the king, it is insight that will deliver to you the throne.
Most people mistake seers or prophets to men of insight and rely on them for their lives. Get me right, a prophet/seer/fortuneteller can display insight, but majority of them can tell you what will happen in future without having a clue on what you should do either avoid impending danger or take advantage of intending opportunity.
That is why you need to know how to develop your insight ability
How to develop your insight ability
Every one of us has the hidden ability to be insightful, but it’s few that develops it. To develop your ability for insight, some things are very important and I will be sharing those things with you.
1. Be filled with the Holy Spirit: this is the shortest way into a life of insight. Job 32:8 says, “However, a spirit exists in mankind, and the Almighty’s breath gives him insight. The Holy Spirit is the master when it comes to insight and when you give Him the best place in your life, He will show you deep and secret things.
2. Locate your comfort zone: Everybody has a comfort zone where they solve problems without struggling.
3. Be a reader: the more you read, the more insightful you become. Especially if you study the Bible a lot and also books relevant to your purpose or job.
4. Practice and don’t be afraid to fail: insightful people go ahead with their proposals even if they are not 100% sure it will work.
Lastly, if you don’t know Jesus, you journey will be rough. I like you to give your life to Jesus right now by confessing Him as your Lord and Saviour. You shall never fail another day of your life. Be blessed.